After completion of this course, learners will be able to explain the basic components of State and Tribal Implementation Plans (SIPs and TIPs) that are common for attaining any of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
Specifically, learners will be able to:
• Explain what an emissions inventory for an attainment plan is
• Identify the broad source categories to be considered in the attainment plan inventory
• Explain the two main types of attainment plan emissions inventories
• Explain what existing emission reduction measures are
• Explain what potential new emission reduction measures are
• Explain what air quality modeling for attainment plans is
• Describe how emissions inventories are used for modeling purposes
• Distinguish between two types of air quality models that are used to support attainment plans
• Explain what measures are to be adopted in the attainment plan
• Explain incorporation of nonattainment new source review into the attainment plan
• Explain what a reasonable further progress plan in
• Explain what contingency measures are
PLAN111-SI: What are the Components of Attainment SIPs and TIPs?