This four-day course focuses on reviewing permit applications for facilities that are deemed to be major sources under the federal New Source Review (NSR) program and the Title V program.
This course covers the following topics in a major source permit review:
• NSR/Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) requirements
• Operating permit requirements
• Permit drafting and analysis
• Source monitoring
• Compliance and enforcement
• Alternative approaches
• Record keeping and resources
After completion of this course, learners will be able to work in permit review or in the preparation of permit applications with some supervision for synthetic minor sources and major sources as defined in the federal NSR program and the Title V program.